Jan 24, 2018

Writing !!



And as imagination bodies forth
The forms of things unknown, the poet’s pen
Turns them to shapes and gives to airy nothing
A local habitation and a name.
– William Shakespeare (from A Midsummer Night’s Dream)

Writing... is there anyone still writing? 

There's a stationary shop at the market and it is one of my favorite places. The beautiful colorful assortment of pens and pencils and paints. All the typical items one would require to write their school notes and homework and projects. 
Related image

Once you are done with your studies, very few I guess get to write anything or work on a paper. Computers have replaced them all. We are basically typing our messages on our chats and phones and PCs and laptop. Everyone is clicking pictures of the things they want to remember and no takes down notes anymore. 


Image result for typing on a pc

Even though I'm a child of the 70s, and have every possible access to gadgets around me, I miss the time when I wrote my diaries. When I missed my friend and I decided to pen a letter , one page after another. 

Now it feels all so mechanical and not even intimate on any level. We have taken for granted this skill , or rather art of writing. I buy loose papers and books and keep them in my bag and home and write small things or doodle on them or work out puzzles. It feels so good to look at my own beautiful handwriting every now and then. 

I hope people never let go of something this basic and  beautiful ever. No machine can replace the pen and paper.

(Pictures borrowed online)

No comments:

Post a Comment